Diablo 4 Druid Class Overview
Druids are versatile, agile shapeshifters with the ability to fill a number of roles depending on the needs of their Diablo 4 teammates.
As a Druid, you can choose from two forms, speccing into a tanky frontline fighter or a poison-dealing master of the electric elements. They also gain access to a limited number of summonable wolves to help in their quests.
With access to a number of defensive spells and the ability to change forms, Druids are able to push into large clusters of enemies amassing considerable damage, while also protecting themselves, and have some of the most distinct playstyle options in Diablo 4.
Druid Stat Scaling
- Increases Resource Generation (0.1% per point)
- Increases Resistance to all Elements (0.05% per point)
- Increases Skill Damage (0.1% per point)
- Increases Overpower Damage (0.25% per point)
- Improves Healing Received (0.1% per point)
- Increases Critical Strike Chance (0.02% per point)
- Increases Dodge Chance (0.025% per point)
Druid Class Specializations
- Spirit Animal System (Still not much information. Druids will be able to choose between a variety of boons that they unlock and can use a total of five of these buffs at a time).
Benefits of Playing Druid
What makes the Druid unique is their ability to shapeshift into one of two spirit animals, giving the druid to two very distinct playstyles. As a Werebear, Druid players will be a power frontline fighter, tanking massive damage while dishing out huge AOE and harnessing powerful earth magic for increased shielding and damage mitigation.
As a Werewolf Druids will look to dish out powerful cleave damage with their claws, inflicting poison damage over time. Werewolf Druids will also command the storm, using storm magic to shock anything that dares get too close.
Druids can also have two wolf companions, creating a wolfpack of their own to prowl the battlefield. Druids all gain access to special buffs from each of their four spirit animals.
Deer Spirit Animal
- Prickleskin - Gain # Thorns.
- Gift of the Stag - Gain +10 Maximum Spirit.
- Wariness - Take 10% reduced damage from Elites.
- Advantageous Beast - Reduce the duration of Control Impairing Effects by 15%.
Eagle Spirit Animal
- Scyth Talons - Gain +5% increased Critical Strike Chance.
- Iron Feather - Gain x10% Maximum Life.
- Swooping Attacks - Gain +10% Attack Speed.
- Avian Wrath - Gain x30% Critical Strike Damage.
Snake Spirit Animal
- Obsidian Slam - Every #th kill will cause your next Earth Skill to Overpower.
- Overload - Lucky Hit: Dealing Lightning damage has up to a 20% chance to cause the target to emit a static discharge, dealing 60% Lightning damage to surrounding enemies.
- Masochistic - Critical Strikes with Shapeshifting Skills Heal you for 3% Maximum Life.
- Calm Before the Storm - Lucky Hit: Nature Magic Skills have up to a 15% chance to reduce the Cooldown of your Ultimate Skill by 2 seconds.
Wolf Spirit Animal
- Packleader - Lucky Hit: Critical Strikes have up to a 20% chance to reset the Cooldowns of your Companion Skills.
- Energize - Lucky Hit: Dealing damage has up to a 15% chance to restore 10 Spirit.
- Bolster - Fortify for 10% of your Maximum Life when you use a Defensive Skill.
- Calamity - Extend the duration of Ultimate Skills by 25%.
Druid Offensive Options
The druid can summon two wolf companions. These good boys can be commanded to strike enemies on the battlefield tearing them to shreds.
- Werewolf form - Different skills will put the Druid into werewolf form, from this point the Druid will shift to a melee play style dashing towards enemies and using their claws to shred their foes.
- Storm and Wind Magic - Two powerful forms of magic that allow the Druid to slice through and vaporize their enemies. Wind magic has spells such as tornado, and wind shear, these spells dish out big damage, and can debuff enemies with slows. Lighting magic plays just like it sounds - electrify, chain, vaporize, repeat.
Druid Defensive Options
- Werebear - The Druid becomes a giant Werebear, getting tanky and dishing out massive AOE with their claws. Druids can combine this form with the fortify ability granting them increased defensive stats so they can stay in combat longer and keep beating down their foes. (There is currently a build that allows the Werebear form to be imbued with earth magic, build guide to come).
- Earth Magic - Fortify and earthen bulwark will allow the Druid to become an unstoppable beast tanking damage without a flinch. Druid players using earth magic will seek to be as strong as a mountain, hitting even harder.