Diablo 4 Necromancer Class Overview
As a Necromancer, you can step into many different roles, summoning minions or using dangerous blood magic to control the battlefield. On one hand, you might watch the battlefield from a distance commanding an army of the dead, or you might simply get your own hands dirty with a blood magic build. A Necromancer has no shortage of options as they shift through spells thought too vile for most.
What makes the Necromancer unique is the Book of the Dead. This allows a Necromancer to customize their undead minions. Necromancers have three unique kinds of minions: golems, mages, and warriors.
A Necromancer can customize their undead army to meet almost any foe. These categories can be further specialized and imbued with unique effects like shadow damage, increased resilience, and even binding their critical strikes to yours.
For the truly evil, a Necromancer can sacrifice their undead minions to imbue themselves with great power. Necromancers who do so might specialize in blood, bone, or shadow magic. This changes the Necromancer playstyle dropping them directly into the battlefield with increased defensive stats and stronger solo attacks as well. Necromancers will forgo summoning their minions, instead using all this power to imbue themselves. So, you must choose: will you command a near-limitless undead army, or use that power to make yourself an unstoppable Priest of Rathma?
Stats and Skills
- Increase Skill Damage (0.1% per point)
- Increases Resistance to All Elements (0.05% per point)
- Increase Resource Generation (0.1% per point)
- Increases Overpower Damage (0.25% per point)
- Improves Healing Received (0.1% per point)
- Increases Critical Strike Chance (0.02% per point)
- Increases Dodge Chance (0.025% per point)
Benefits of Playing Necromancer
- The Necromancer is an incredibly versatile class in how they can be spec'd. A Necro player can focus on minion-spawning to create a powerful undead army, or they can instead choose powerful solo abilities making their character an off-tank damage dealer.
Necromancer Offensive Options
- Book Of The Dead - Using the book of the dead Necromancers can create and customize powerful minions to fit any task. Necro’s can summon three kinds of minions: Golems, Warriors, and Mages
- Golems - Tankier, can be specced to eat damage, spawn corpses, or pump out massive AOE damage. Golems are large and slow, but pack a punch.
- Warriors - Little buddies with a sword, ready to take on any challenge. Warriors can be specced to tank damage as defenders, or they can be customized to become reapers, where they will dash into combat dealing massive damage.
- Necromancers looking to focus damage can specialize their warriors as reapers or skirmishers for massive damage as the cost of health
- Mages - Ranged units that pack a punch. Mages can be customized spec'd into the bone tree where they will literally tear themselves apart throwing their bones at enemies until they can do so no longer. Or they can cast spells that deal significant damage.
- Iron Maiden - A powerful curse ability that increases the damage of both the Necromancer and their undead army
- Shadow Magic - Another alternative to the typical summon build, Necromancers using shadow magic will shift their attention to the shadows. This allows them to amplify their minion's damage as well as their own. Necromancers using Shadow magic will give up the safety of distance that comes with a typical summon build, stepping closer to the fight, to gain greatly increased damage.
Necromancer Offensive Options
- Book Of The Dead
- Golems - A Necromancer’s primary frontline, as a class with less tank stats than the barb or the Druid a good Necromancer will rely on their Golems to tank damage for them.
- Bone Magic - Here the Necro will step farther away from combat becoming a ranged caster. Here a Necro will focus on the power of bones, enhancing their golems, mages, and themselves with powerful enchantments.
- Blood Magic - Where the Necro decides to sacrifice the ability to summon an undead army they can use blood magic, alongside other similar abilities. These specializations provide a range of offensive and defensive options.
Check out all top builds for Necromancer