Since the release of the new patch yesterday, there has been a significant uproar concerning the balancing adjustments made for each class. Apart from the universal nerfs to Damage and Defenses, the majority of meta builds have suffered substantial setbacks. Certain classes experienced exceptionally challenging nerfs and bug fixes, resulting in the demise of potent meta builds. However, Rogue players can rejoice, as they are fortunate enough to be an exception to this trend.
Unlike other classes, Rogues got off quite easily this patch. None of their meta builds took any big hits and they actually received a few nice buffs. On top of that, there is a new Unique that may bring Penetrating Shot into the meta. Being one of the squishier classes in the game, Rogues will most likely feel the nerf to Defensive Stats, but other than that, Rogues are looking pretty nice this Patch.
Notable Balance Changes
Rapid Fire Rogue
- Advanced Rapid Fire, which grants a multiplicative 30% increase to Critical Strike Damage bonus after invading, had its duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds. Having higher uptime on this buff is going to feel very powerful.
- Preparation's Ultimate Cooldown reduction increased from 4 to 5 seconds. This is a notable buff since this build utilizes Shadow Clone. This is going to give the build incredible uptime on Shadow Clone and provide a massive damage increase due to its uptime.
Rain of Arrows Rogue
- With Preparation's Ultimate Cooldown reduction increased from 4 to 5 seconds, Rain of Arrows Rogue may become popular in this patch. This build does rely on the Unique Amulet, Word of Hakan, so we likely will not see this until later in the game.
Death Trap Rogue
- Supreme Death Traps Cooldown reduction was increased from 10 to 12 seconds in this patch. Any build that utilizes this ability will be happy to hear that they will have much higher uptime with Death Trap. Running the Key Passive Exposure paired with these changes will result in incredibly high uptime on Death Trap, making this build great for the endgame as well as for speed farming.
Penetrating Shot Rogue
- The new Unique Bow, Eaglehorn, gives Penetrating Shot a 30-80% chance to fire an arrow that bounces off walls and scenery. Hitting enemies from behind with Penetrating Shot will make them Vulnerable for 3 seconds. Pairing this with the Trickshot Aspect will give this build potential to nuke entire screens. This build was lacking in the past since if targets weren’t lined up and you weren’t hitting multiple enemies, it felt pretty weak. This will help the build thrive in situations where enemies are not lined up and give the build some much-needed extra clear as well as Vulnerability uptime.
Rogues definitely come out on top of this patch. Meta builds like Death Trap received a small buff while Twisting Blades did not even get touched. On top of this, there are some new builds that may be quite strong this season. The only nerf they will feel is to Critical Strike Damage and Vulnerable Damage as well as the nerfs to Defensive stats.
There is going to be a lot of variety in Rogue builds this Season which is always nice. Whether you like going melee with Twisting Blades, shotgunning enemies with Barrage, wiping screens with Rain of Arrows, or sniping enemies across the map with Penetrating Shot, there is almost a build for everyone to enjoy.