Stat Priority: Rogue
Written by Jake “Mjolnirlol” Staab
Rogue - the embodiment of darkness and stealth. Zip, dive, dodge, and flip past enemies of hell with the agility of a cat. The rogue is an ode to the Amazon and Assassin from a previous successor, Diablo 2. With that, Rogue needed to feel like it was effective at both ranged and melee prowess, thus leaving you with the option of playing either playstyle. With their long range bow/crossbow, and wielding dual daggers, it’s easy to see why this class is a favorite amongst many Diablo fans.
Rogues are affected by stat weights as follows:
- Strength: +1 Armor per Point
- Intelligence: +0.05% All Resistance per Point
- Willpower: +0.1% Healing Received and +0.25% Overpower Damage per Point
- Dexterity: +0.025% Dodge Chance per Point
Rogue Specific Stat Weights:
- Dexterity: Increases damage and improves dodge probability; x0.1% Skill Damage per Point
- Strength: Improves Energy recovery; x0.1% Resource Generation per Point
- Intelligence: Increases critical chance; x0.2% Critical Strike Chance per Point
With rogue focusing on things like damage, energy recovery, and critical strike chance, there are additional factors that need to be taken into account when thinking about how you want to stat your character. This involves the Class Specialization system. This is rogue's major class mechanic with 3 options to choose from:
- Combo Points: Accumulated by activating basic skills. They can then be spent on Core Skills to trigger additional effects
- Inner Sight: Fill a gauge by attacking marked enemies; doing so will allow you to use unlimited energy for a short amount of time. (Good for Bosses)
- Preparation: Requires level 30, and allows you to lower your Ultimate Skill’s cooldown by 4 seconds every time you spend 100 energy. Using an ultimate skill will reset the cooldown of any other skills.
Currently, it is unknown if you will be able to use all 3 specializations at one time or if you will only be able to spec into one. This is particularly important when trying to focus on how you want the build to produce for you. Linked below will be an easy guide to use when leveling your rogue that should put your best foot forward to clearing the content at an aggressive pace.
Some features of the Rogue class are as follows:
Marksman: Kite enemies at from a distance, benefiting from Critical Strikes on enemies and causing them to become Vulnerable
Imbuements: Imbue your weapons with either poison, cold, or shadow energies; attacks will now have special properties when you damage an enemy
Traps: Lay traps on the ground, triggering various effects. These can range from raw damage, poison debuffs, slows, and much more.